Friday, November 8, 2013

A message from Kari, Ashley's sister

Good Morning,
 
I wanted to let you all know that my sister and her family are alive in the Philippines. They live on the island of Panay in a town called Malay. The storm hit them hard, but God protected them and kept them from harm. My sister shared with me early this am that all of the houses around them were down and the trees all around them were down but there house was still standing. The biggest issue, for them,  is the water that is in their house and having to go without power for a few weeks. My niece Lydia (4) fell down the stairs (because they were wet) and she busted her chin open and they think she may have broken her hip. Please pray for healing for her. Also pray that they will be strengthened as they help all of the others there get back on their feet and just survive day to day.
 
A HUGE THANK YOU to those of you who were praying for my family, I know without a doubt that it is because of prayer that they are alive today. It means a lot to know you care.
 
If any of you would like to donate money to help rebuild the Philippines and to reach out to them in this huge time of need, just come talk to me. My parents deal directly with my sisters account and I would be glad to pass along anything to help, you would be surprised how far the dollar goes over there. My brother in law went to buy more rice yesterday, since they had 20 plus orphans that would be taking cover with them and for a 150lb bag it cost 50 US dollars. There is no need to ship clothes, food, things, etc now because it will take even longer to get to them since this storm has happened. The quickest way to help is through money.
 
Thanks again, for your prayers and support, please keep them coming! I hope you all have a great day! Please remember to not sweat the small stuff and be thankful for everything you have! We are so blessed to live in the country that we do, to work where we work, etc.... I could go on and on.
 
Kari Hellums

No comments:

Post a Comment